"Open with" roms

Hello,

In an old version of RetroArch we could open the games involving the program, now it is no longer possible, I wonder if there is a way to modify a shortcut to launch the core and involve roms in Windows ?

Thank you !

I’m sure you can make a shortcut with certain launch parameters. It’s good for people who want to make Steam shortcuts for individual games. Should be very easy once you figure out exactly what commands you need. I did it once with a few PSX games for ePSXe or something. I’m sure RetroArch is similar.

Hi, thank you for the reply but I tried everything on this page and I found nothing that would allow me to use the Windows “Open with” option.

I wanted to know the exact command to load only RetroArch + the core without the game.

Thanks

Not sure why you would want to right click on a rom and click “open with” instead of making a shortcut you can double click, but can’t help you there.

EDIT: and I doubt you can do that with RetroArch as it’s more robust than one standalone emulator. You need to tell it how to launch the game with what core, at the very least. Windows isn’t going to ask you what core you want to use with RetroArch when you right click on a rom. I think your only option is to make a shortcut, which is what you should want to do instead.

I have fullsets of all consoles, I prefer to do only once “Open with” that create a million shortcuts.

Edit :

[QUOTE=∞Phantasm;39961]EDIT: and I doubt you can do that with RetroArch as it’s more robust than one standalone emulator. You need to tell it how to launch the game with what core, at the very least. Windows isn’t going to ask you what core you want to use with RetroArch when you right click on a rom.[/QUOTE] Before yes, but when I select “Open with” with RetroArch and I open my rom nothing happens.

I’m not recommending you make a million shortcuts. You just aren’t explaining properly what it is you are trying to accomplish.

Ok sorry.

I just want to launch roms from Windows Explorer.

I see. Well, if it use to work then there probably is a way. Someone else should know… I guess.

I second that. RetroArch 1.3.4 command line parameter handling seems to be broken. Tested with the 2016-05-28 nightly and the 1.3.4 stable.

Also: “retroarch --help” doesn’t print info.

Ahh =/

Thanks guys

Edit : And the latest versions that support this feature ?

Zxzx: 1.3.0 worked fine for me, that is: retroarch.exe --appendconfig platformdependantconfig.cfg path o\rom

[QUOTE=MK2k;39966]I second that. RetroArch 1.3.4 command line parameter handling seems to be broken. Tested with the 2016-05-28 nightly and the 1.3.4 stable.

Also: “retroarch --help” doesn’t print info.[/QUOTE]

I’m running the latest nightly from the Ubuntu PPA, and command-line works here. set up quite a few shortcuts to RA from Lutris and the all work

te_lanus: Zxzx spoke about Windows Explorer, so I tested the Windows version :slight_smile:

you can trythis. it’s drag and drop for most roms.

Insane program, perfect.

Edit : But the full screen does not cover the entire screen as RetroArch (height).