Opengl and Nvidia GeForce

Hello, I would like to know what configuration I would have to put in the Nvidia control panel so that RetroArch goes perfectly with the “Nvidia Geforce 960M” graphic and “gl” engine. With Intel graphics (default) it works perfectly.

For compatibility issues I should use opengl since it allows me to use all the functions, directx if it has nvidia support

I haven’t had to change anything and it works. OpenGL is the default.

In my case it is not, what if it works well is with Directx but for my needs it does not work

Can’t you use the vulkan or glcore driver instead? Those are the modern ones. The gl and gl1 ones are only there for very old GPUs from the stone age.

Screenshots don’t work well with directx, use original resolution while opengl is scalable

Yeah, but “gl” is for old GPUs. “glcore” uses more modern OpenGL features. And “vulkan” is even better. Don’t they work for you? A quick google search shows me that the 960M is modern enough to support both of these.

(As for the original question, there’s no need to do anything special in the nvidia control panel, other than perhaps making sure vsync is not forced off, at least for RetroArch.)

1 Like

The “directx” module is compatible with the Nvidia graphics, but the Vulkan does not work. I use the Screenshots function, and it is not fully Directx compatible

With “opengl” everything works

• Screenshots (when the window is bigger, the size of the capture increases)
  • Shaders (I use a shader to play better)
  • Perfect compatibility