Option to update all currently downloaded Cores?

Could you add an option that updates only the Cores that have been downloaded already? Kinda annoying going through the huge list of cores to update them and having to memorize what you’ve downloaded etc…

That would be a nice addition. I concur. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, our server is dumb and we don’t have any version checking there or any way for the clients to communicate back and forth with the server. It’s a straight-up “gimme this filename” request.

We’re also skiddish about having any bulk updating abilities because people would spam it any time they open the program, which would thrash our bandwidth and cost us a lot of money.

Is there a way to check when a new version of a core is available and what changes are made ? Like a webpage or something ? I haven’t seen one if there is.

If you go to the buildbot’s ‘latest’ directories, you can see when the core was last built. It only gets built if there’s been a change: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/ This doesn’t mean that the change necessarily affects your platform (for example, a build fix for 3DS probably doesn’t have any effect on Win64) but it’s something. You can also check the commit logs of the various git repos to see what actual changes have taken place.

Cool, at least there is a way to find out if there are newer builds of cores. Too bad there’s no easy way to find out changes to a core, especially if something significant like a new core option like with the newer PSX internal resolution option.

But I do understand there are a lot of cores and platform versions and that would be a lot of work to keep things up to date on all of it.

Well, a way to filter the list of cores to only show what you’ve downloaded then? I mean I guess it’d still be somewhat spammed… it wouldn’t need any changes to the netcode or server code.