OS X Dualshock 4 compatibiliy

I am having an issue with the newest builds of Retroarch. The Dualshock 4 controller works fine, except the dpad does not seem to be recognized. All face buttons and analog works, but Retroarch does not see the dpad as the hat switch buttons. Anyone else have this issue?

Were you able to figure it out? Was setting the DS4 up as simple as connecting it via Bluetooth or did you need a dongle, software plugin, and any other type of shoehorn? EDIT: Setting up the DS4 was as simple as connecting it via Bluetooth and using it. One PS1 game requires a DualShock controller (Ape Escape) so I tested with that and had to change one setting. While the game is running, go up to Command/Menu Toggle, then Core Options, and change Player 1 to Analog, I think. That’s how I remember it going.

Yea, i did figure it out. When i was doing my own builds, something went wrong compiling. Got one of the newer nighty builds and everything works fine via USB. Never tried bluetooth.

How do you do it via USB and not bluetooth?

With a dualshock 4, it works plug and play. Retroarch has an ini for it. If you want i can share my build i am using, compiled from the current nightly source.