OSX 1.2.2 build missing wallpaper and widgets

I’m building RetroArch under OSX 10.9.5 with Xcode 5.1.1 against the 10.8 SDK (also tried the 10.9 SDK).

It builds and runs OK, but the menu wallpaper is missing. The menu has a solid black background instead of the red flower (?) wallpaper present in the official build.

The gear, clock, and on/off widgets are also missing. I see the words “ON” and “OFF” instead of the on/off slider widget. I see solid white rectangles instead of the clock and gears.

Anyone know how to remedy this? Am I missing some graphics resources (couldn’t find the red wallpaper PNG file)? I’m new to the codebase. Any place I should look for the wallpaper loading logic? TIA.

Yeah, you can use the built-in ‘online updater’ to fetch that stuff, which are referred to as the ‘assets’.

You’re the guy who sent the PR to restore generic HID pads, right? If so, thanks for that! We don’t have any major contributors that use OS X full time anymore, so any help in that direction is greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

D’oh, Assets! I hadn’t thought of that. So my build is working properly after all. Thank you!

Yes, I submitted the HID joypad patch. I’m new to RetroArch (thanks to RetroPie on the Raspberry Pi 2) and wanted to try out the latest Mac version. Had to get the joypad working first, though. :slight_smile:

YAY HID support again, i was poking around in my builds wondering what the hell was wrong.