OSX 1.2.2 use Library Folder for cores/config etc?

Hi guys,

Great work on the new build, all works lovely although all RetroArchs asset files really should point and download to ~/Library/RetroArch instead of inside the app bundle by default as your average user will overwrite all their settings everytime they install a new bundle. Obviously I can change this manually but for new users this could be a problem.

Two issues I have found;

1. How to I update the playlist created by “Add Content” if I run “Add Content” again it adds all previous games again.
  2. MAME rims seem to be completely ignored, can we manually create a playlist?

Cheers all!

Some asset files should be going into the bundle while others should be going into Application Support(?). We tried to keep anything that may need user modification outside of the bundle.

1.) delete the ipl file that it made before and scan again. 2.) arcade ROMs and disc-based systems aren’t included in any of our databases yet (not sure how we’re going to handle them yet).

OK, I’ve just done a fresh install and al paths point to Applications/RetroArch.app/* by default apart from Audio and Video filter directories.

Thanks for clearing up the other 2 points.

Alright, I’ll see about getting configs into Application Support/RetroArch, too, because people frequently need to hand-edit those and it’s a drag having to poke around in app bundles.

+1 for this. it’s a bit of a pain when you’re coding/debugging in OSX as my cfg gets wiped every time I build, and i can’t use the CLI to point to a static cfg, so after every build i have to configure everything again.