Ouya, Which Version... if any?

Hi there, I’m just wondering which version I should use on Ouya, so I can start playing games on my TV. If you could guide me that would be great! I have this Ouya sitting around the house and wanted to make good use out of it. It doesn’t save my settings or anything but plays games. Just wondering your guys thoughts on it. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Also, I am curious if the 2600-daptor 2 is some how compatible with the android Stella core. If it is that would be awesome to know. Thanks.

I can confirm the latest 1.5.0 version works very well on the Ouya indeed. Previous editions didn’t work so well, not least of all because the gamepad was not detected so you could not navigate to configure the program. However this has been remedied with the new release and Retroarch can be configured to your settings easily.

And it still performs well on the trusty old console too. :wink:

Yeah I tried them out pretty awesome I have to say that to pull out my Ouya again and have some use for it is great. The only problem is when I set it for l3 and r3 to exit the menu it does not work or the menu button. Fortunately, I have an Xbox 360 controller that I can plug in. I just wish there was some way of getting the paddles to work with the system and then… THEN the console would be complete and I would be immensely happy. Oh well, I have to wait and see…