Overley for each system without affecting other systems and cores?

How to use the overley for each core without overlapping the last core configuration? Example SEGA GENESIS PLUS GX for MS, MD, GG…

You can’t unless you do per game overrides.

The multi system cores can’t change settings based on the system it’s emulating unfortunately

Just brainstorming here: would it be possible to copy the Genesis GX core to a different name (Like Genesis GG.dll for game gear), then create a unique info file for it? Then it would actually be a separate core and you could use it just for GG and create a per-core override for it.

This is very bad for personalization, ty guys :confused:

You have to change the internal name and recompile, but yes, that’s exactly what I did here:

I love you hunterk :kissing_heart:

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

There should be an official solution. This is a boring problem for beginners.

Sorry my google english :slight_smile:

You can use command line in order to load different config files where you previously saved a specific overlay. For example,

-c “config/genesis_plus_gx_libretro_megaddrive.cfg” for mega drive -c “config/genesis_plus_gx_libretro_gamegear.cfg” for game gear

The “problem” is that In order to load the correct command line depending on the system you want to play you should use a frontend like Launchbox or use different RA shortcuts per system.

1 Like

Ty! I intend to use only Retreoarch with skin.