Override Core saving but not applying

I’m running the latest nightly build downloaded today. I’m adjusting the custom video settings to fit my overlays. I fine tune the viewport numbers and ratios, like before I then go back and choose Save Core Override, return to the game screen to find it has reset to the original wrong position.

I’d go back to stable but I’m using Vulcans HW support for PSX games.

Vulkan works in stable.

I would backup your executables, download the stable and try plopping the stable executables into your nightly RetroArch directory. If that fixes it, something has broken, so do let us know.

If that doesn’t fix it, it’s not an issue with the stable/nightly and probably has to do with a bad config option set somewhere.

Okay, I tried what you suggested and it made no difference. I don’t recall messing around with anything. I literally adjust the viewport settings etc to line up with overlay, line it up nice, hit save core overrides (successfully), go back to screen and BAM - it reset to its original position.

I have the exact same problem on stable 1.6.0. but it works fine on stable 1.5.0. I even tried a clean download of 1.6.0 and still same problem.

I’m having this issue as well.

It seems 'custom_viewport_x" and “custom_viewport_y” won’t write to the override cfg.

It seems I’m having the same kind of problem, my Device Type won’t save to my core override at all. I believe it also worked in 1.5.0.