P and K key freeze Retroarch Flatpak on Linux

Version 1.16 worked fine but the 1.17 update freezes whenever I press those keys. I have to forcefully log out and restart the application,

Sometimes, updates can break our configuration.

Try deleting the “retroarch.cfg” file in the RetroArch folder. That should fix the problem.

no luck even with this. had to revert to 1.16 flatpak commit

Fortunately flathub version runs fine on 240 resolution on a CRT monitor.

Tried the ppa official version and even with the same config it would show deformed menus or black screen,making it non-functional.

If you have a problem with an update, generating a log and creating a report on github (flathub repo) is a good way to collaborate with the project.

Unfortunately you can’t use two versions of a stable branch in flatpak, but if you can use another presentation, if you have problems with the ppa, you can download the appimage. And have it as a backup.

1 Like

I had to delete the cfg file because except the pause key there was another issue where I could not use exclusive full screen mode, having to activate windowed full screen.

Now both work fine, though sometimes previously with exclusively fs games would go black for a few seconds. Now they seem stable for the time being.

I upgraded to 1.17 and use both flatpak and appimage in Separate config folders.

It seems the qt version runs fine on low res monitors. Ppa must have been the non-qt version

1 Like

while everything was working fine a new flatpak update broke things again. Even after deleting the cfg file, it would freeze on pause. Not only that, even the appimage would not work. Retroarch seems very finicky on Linux at low resolutions. Reverted back to 1.16 for good and blocked the updates. Difference now is that only if I pick windowed fullscreen mode does the 240 resolution appear fine, without the crt monitor turning black or switching to the laptop monitor.