ParaLLEl-n64 performs badly but other emulators ok - any ideas why?!

Hi,

Very interesting, thanks for posting your findings. When I get home later I will try changing the buffer swap option to see if it makes any difference for me with my Intel setup on Linux. Will keep you posted…

I tried the buffer swap option, but it didn’t make too much difference for me. In the opening credits for Perfect Dark the audio stuttered less, but as soon as the actual intro kicked in the audio was all over the shop again. This is when using Glide64 and HLE.

This core is definitely a lot slower than I would have expected, but hunterk is suggesting performance between the two should be similar. For me the experience is vastly different between standalone mupen64plus standalone and parallel-n64 when using the same GL plugins. The same applies to the mupen64plus-libretro, this performs better than parallel-n64 too, which is even more confusing.

Hey, sorry to necro the topic but i have the same problem and was wondering if anyone has found a solution over the past year. Not sure if my System is the problem in my case. I only have a dedicated graphicscard with 512Mb VRam … Quadcore 3Ghz CPU should hopfully be fast enough to run it. I can reach like 45-50 fps in F-Zero with Angrylion + cxd4…which makes the sound choppy of course. Dont know how my performance is with Mupen64…the game becomes unbearably slow after starting it, not sure if i have to install the Glide64 plugin manually, cant find an option to set the plugin for the core…so im not even sure if i have the plugin.