Parasite Eve 2 - Freeze

I’m running the latest nightly build for iOS 9, and Parasite Eve 2 freezes momentarily after starting a new game. I do have the Parasite Eve 2 fix enabled via the core settings, to no avail. Does anyone know of a way to resolve this?

Perhaps a save state to bypass the freeze? I’m open to suggestions. iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2.

[QUOTE=ldwkelly;32255]I’m running the latest nightly build for iOS 9, and Parasite Eve 2 freezes momentarily after starting a new game. I do have the Parasite Eve 2 fix enabled via the core settings, to no avail. Does anyone know of a way to resolve this?

Perhaps a save state to bypass the freeze? I’m open to suggestions. iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the game cannot be played at all in PCSX rearmed core. The fix option no longer works, it seems to work when using the interpreter version but some time later it hangs again.

I’m the one who added the option to the core so I’m pretty sure it won’t work… sorry :frowning: The issue is a design problem in the emulator which had a workaround in the original PCSX but it doesn’t work here. To solve it we will need the help from someone that understands the internals of the psx because the emulator it’s a bit complex.

I think I will remove the option some time in the future to avoid misunderstandings.

[QUOTE=netux79;32276]Unfortunately the game cannot be played at all in PCSX rearmed core. The fix option no longer works, it seems to work when using the interpreter version but some time later it hangs again.

I’m the one who added the option to the core so I’m pretty sure it won’t work… sorry :frowning: The issue is a design problem in the emulator which had a workaround in the original PCSX but it doesn’t work here. To solve it we will need the help from someone that understands the internals of the psx because the emulator it’s a bit complex.

I think I will remove the option some time in the future to avoid misunderstandings.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation. Well, we can’t always have our cake and eat it. Thanks for your contribution :).

I love PE2 and I really tried to make it work in my iphone… but no luck… So what I did was to buy a cheap PSX and play it as I got tired of not being able to play it nicely in any emulator (at least on PC you can have good emulation with Mednafen but it looks ugly, pixelated)… Hope it changes in the future…

An fpse emu port from android will be good.

@ ldwkelly: BTW, I see you have an iphone6s… which may be powerful enough to run mednafen PSX core at full speed… have you tried?

Every time I try to use the Mednafen PSX core, it immediately crashes the app. The only core that has worked successfully for any PS1 game is the PCSX ReARMed [Interpreter] core. Any thoughts?

[QUOTE=ldwkelly;32314]Every time I try to use the Mednafen PSX core, it immediately crashes the app. The only core that has worked successfully for any PS1 game is the PCSX ReARMed [Interpreter] core. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE] To be more specific, when I manually select the Mednafen core, it does not recognize the PS1 bin files via the selection.

It doesn’t indeed, it reads cue sheets or toc files http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX#Usage

Thanks for the info. I tried opening from the cue file and the app crashes. I will try with a few other games to see if I get the same results with the Mednafen core.

Full playable with mednafen psx core, but look pixelated. Run nearly full speed in any 64 bit device.

http://imgur.com/D7wuuxO

@brijo5, What iOS and Retroarch version are you running? Any time I try to load PE:2, I get a crash.

Latest nightly from cydia, iOS 9.0.2

I think you have an wrong cue file.

Take an look here http://128bit.me/index.php?topic=7633.0

Ah, you’re giving me hope! I visited the link and confirmed the cue file contained the correct info. I also made one myself, both resulted in a crash when a load was attempted.

Remember to load the cue file and not the bin

Also put the all the bios in the system directory

Correct, bios files in the System folder, and attempting to open the cue files. Still an immediate crash.

[QUOTE=ldwkelly;32339]Correct, bios files in the System folder, and attempting to open the cue files. Still an immediate crash.[/QUOTE] I also deleted my config files just in case there was a conflict. Still no success.

Mednafen core It is sensitive to uppercase and lowercase, check that everything matches inside and outside the cue and bin file

I copied and pasted in the cues I created, the others are stock. I’m at a loss.