PC Engine CD

I am not sure if I’m doing something wrong or an actual problem with the cores. But i can’t seem to get CD games to work, all i get is a black screen. Can someone confirm if “mednafen pce fast” and “mednafen supergrafx” cores aren’t working properly?

It was tested on a jailbroken ipad 3, running iOS7. Tried both stable cores and nightly core with the same results. Also tried different game ISO’s, games that work perfectly on my computer with a different emulator.

When loading the BIOS both cores work, but when loading an ISO or CUE file it loads but just goes to a black screen. I have tried more than 5 games with the same result.

BTW normal non-CD games works perfectly on both cores, but any CD games I’ve tried has resulted in a black screen.

I just loaded Bomberman '94 and Rondo of Blood bin/cues with no problems via mednafen-pce-fast in linux.

Thanks for checking, ill keep trying different BIOS and games and see if I can figure it out.

Anyway you could message me or send me a link to the BIOS you are using? If its not allowed no worries. Thanks again.

I can tell you the MD5 checksum for my BIOS is: 1e47a1780aaa7e277a3896c1ba00e317

Thanks you!

That did the trick, works perfectly now… plus I think the cue files were also pointing to the wrong files.

Ah, yeah, those are the common gotchas for the CD systems, for sure. I’m glad you got it going :slight_smile: