Pc Engine / Turbografx Boxarts full set

Well, I went a bit crazy those past days and remade the whole PCE box covers folder. I did compare a lot of different sources (websites, cover sets, ebay, japanese blogs…) and Photoshopped a lot (a lot!).

So that’s 419 pictures for the 419 no-intro January 2016 set, all should display if you’re up to date. No more fake american boxes, that’s the usual japanese CD cover format, even for american games to see more of those pictures (and have fun comparing them, try Veigues or Devil Crash).

600x600 for the bigger ones. That’s jpg by the way, so you need to convert them to png or wait a bit for its support.

PC-ENGINE Boxart Full Set (JPG)

PNG version

There won’t be an update for this pack as I lost the original pictures with my hard drive just before my usual backup.

There’s still no jpg support for thumbnails so you can go ahead and grab a free tool like FastStone image viewer (there’s a portable version) for windows. Just select the files and Tools->batch convert (or F3) to convert them to PNG.

Then copy them to retroarch/thumbnails/NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16/Named_Boxarts.

Thanks! Guess I wasn’t the only one a little annoyed by the official set’s liberties.

I just converted to PNG, would you like that uploaded for you to grab / reshare?

If you want to do that you’re welcome.

I’ll put the link on 1st post.

Mediafire: NEC - PC Engine - TurboGrafx 16 boxarts 2016-05-14 [PNG].zip

Someone may want to grab and rehost for futureproofing if these aren’t going into RA’s online updater.

Thanks.

I’ll Up it to Mega if it dies, just can’t do it right now as I’m on a terrible internet connection.

PR over at https://github.com/libretro/libretro-thumbnails/pull/258 .

Thanks! I wasn’t sure how to push stuff there. :slight_smile:

Tatsuya79 you legend. Thanks.