PC Retroarch to CRT TV

That’s something you’ll need to go into the service menu to fix. Do you have the original remote for the TV? You’ll need that (usually) and the service menu code (can lookup online) to get to where you can adjust it.

Sometimes you can also sort of adjust GPU scaling in your GPU settings, though that’s heavily dependant on your setup. I only have over/under scan options on mine but I don’t know how Nvidia’s control panel works.

You should try to run something at 480i next. I’m very curious to see if you have the same jittery interlaced problem I’m having with this adapter.

I do have this jittery you talking about, specially in 60 fps games. When camera is scrolling theres some weird lines lol im tired of this xd

Try increasing number of total horizontal pixels in the modeline. I usually don’t adjust anything with Rgui though, but directly with games, I found Rgui’s scaling behavior a bit weird in the past.

I haven’t seen the scrolling lines. Mostly on my end it looks like the interlaced contents frames are out of sync. Like the first half-frame is too high, and the 2nd is too low instead of them meeting in the middle.

Doesn’t it need to be ‘at’ 1920 for RA to call up that modeline though?

“1920” is the number of active pixels. E.g. Modeline “1920x240_60 15,7kHz 60,0Hz” 39.980 1920 2096 2296 2544 240 243 246 262 -hsync -vsync

In this case, the total pixels are 2544. If you lower the value, the picture gets wider, higher value means the opposite. This assumes that the pixelclock value is also adjusted, otherwise there are changes in the refreshrate. Seems that CRU does this automatically. It’s easier to see in the tool I use, Winmodelines, this can also be used to actually enable 15 Khz in Windows Xp (for old cards), for other OS I find it still useful for seeing how timings work.

1 Like

Imma just give up on this peeps, I didn’t realize this was going to be so complicated, i guess i was being too naive thinking this would be plug and play but it’s not. If i want this to actual work i should do my research and maybe even buy an old hd radeon like some ppl were suggesting on reddit. Sorry if i wasted your time on this.

No worries man, it was absolutely worth a shot and it’s a learning process. I’m actually gonna keep playing around with this myself as if I can get it to work it will solve a headache I have with my current setup.

I ordered another one people are recommending here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32896942663.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.7e253c00iRd2jd&mp=1

It doesn’t come till mid-may, so we will see how that works out in a few weeks I guess haha.

As for the old HD Radeon method, I can verify that does work as that’s the setup I’m using with the linuxbot3000 VGA-to-Component device. So if you find you need help in that regard, I’ll be around as well.

1 Like

Thanks a lot man @SkyHighGam3r :+1:

1 Like