PCE-CD Games Crash With Mednafen PCE core - v.1.3.0

I can load PC Engine games fine, but PCE CD games just crashes Retroarch. To make sure it wasn’t my bios or game files, I re-tested in v 1.2.2 and it runs fine. Has anything changed in that regard with v 1.3? My games are .ISO and I’m loading them in Retroarch with the .CUE format.

Can anyone else confirm this is an issue?

Is there any other information I need to provide?

[QUOTE=Bjomesphat;33507]Can anyone else confirm this is an issue?

Is there any other information I need to provide?[/QUOTE]

All My PCE games and ISO run just fine. Are you using the mednafen cores? If it looks like it’s about to launch, then black creen with a windows error pop up then it’s the bios files. Load the core, then look at core information without launching a rom. It’ll say in there is anything is amiss

Yes I’m using the mednafen core.

I’ll have to see what the core info says when I load it. And like I said, it works fine in 1.2.2, so I know my bios files are fine, the only other thing I can think of is the wrong path, but I checked that multiple times. I’m going to try it again with a clean install.

If it worked ok previously then your “system” directory is probably not set correctly.

Very true. !.3 doesn’t set the system directory path where as 1.22 did You’ll have to manually tell it in directories tab

[QUOTE=Spaceman;33571]Very true. !.3 doesn’t set the system directory path where as 1.22 did You’ll have to manually tell it in directories tab[/QUOTE]

Thinking back, I did have it set correctly because all of my Sega CD and PS1 games worked, and all the bios are in the same folder. I’m going to play with it today or this weekend some.

I’m really not sure what it was, but when I started from a clean install it worked fine. There must have been something that got in the core config file that it didn’t like.