PCE Fast core doesn't work with Aracde CD System games. (Standalone Mednafen does)

@wertz @Tatsuya79

I decided to redo the cue files, that for some reason the cue files were with some synchronization problem, then I followed the cue available in www.necstasy.net and with the isobuster, I managed to let it work.

thanks for explanation

Cheers, Azvarel

People really should get the good practice in using redump (.cue+.bin files). Where does this .iso come from? GoodTools?

What exactly did you do with the cue information on that site? I tried entering the time-stamps into my cue sheet after converting the game to a bin/cueā€¦

But now I just get a load error, whereas before it would attempt to load the game and then freeze and crash.

I think the issue is that no one of casual use understands where to properly acquire ā€˜redumpā€™ files.

I canā€™t speak for everyone, but I pretty much just find whatever I can and test if it works.

I had the same problem of not being able to load Arcade CD System games as well a while back but luckily found a simple solution/workaround. After the MD5 checksums/paths/filenames of all the required files were verified OK I was able to solve the issue by LOADING THE CORE FIRST before loading the content in RetroArch. After that you load the core after again (after loading the content, so 2 times total) and these games will now run as expected after the initial loading screens appear. Hope this works for anyone else encountering this issue. Thanks to Popful Mailā€™s ability to run in regular & ā€œenhanced modeā€ that helped me figure this out. Also I have to say these games look stunning and play great in RetroArch configured for 240p using Calamityā€™s CRT_Emudrivers with an Arcade monitor or a Trinitron CRTā€¦

im surprised that this is still an issueā€¦ what games are actually affected by this issue

Also check this thread on Atariage.com for more games that support the Arcade CD System card/syscard3.pce: https://atariage.com/forums/topic/123757-pc-engine-arcade-card-games/

sorry, but i am not really interested to know what are cd arcade games(that can be easily found online). im asking of what are indeed games that having the issue. im asking since i have no problems running arcade cd games using pce bios v3.0 (well, at least for Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphireā€¦) but i do know that in retroarch is kinda picky when trying to load some cue formats.

Hi wertz, the ā€œLIST OF GAMESā€ I quoted azvarel in my previous post are all the games I had the issue with. Once I had changed the order of operations of pre-loading the core first before loading the content , all of them loaded/played fine. Glad to hear Sapphire loaded ok for you straight up and your setup is not affected by this.

just downloaded another arcade cd game from (******.com) and that too runs directly.

can you re test using latest available retroarch and latest core (pce/sgx) and post a log?

Hi wertz, thank you for your help. I was able to confirm in 1.6.9 & 1.7.0 that all of the Arcade CD system games and Arcade CD Enhanced games are now running directly as expected (by loading Content first then choosing/loading the Core after). I tried to check with the current version but for some reason my config file is incompatible with RetroArch v1.7.1 to v1.7.3 so Iā€™ll need to research that some more and post a log in a relevant thread. I also noticed that starting with v1.7.0 the mouse pointer shows up in my 240p rgui menu and can only be closed by hitting F11. RetroArch menu does not remember the setting either so this has to be done every time I load a game.

Thanks again wertz for your help in showing that the OP is not an issue provided you are using good bios and dumps in RA.

You know you can use chd with this emulator, right? And, for god sake, NEVER use american syscards, as they are pretty useless, use japanese syscard3.pce and keep a syscard1.pce in case you want to play (and laugh, and pointing your finger at it) Altered Beast, CD version.

Just fyi, I use chd and pce fast to play all pce cd games on my cellphone, moto z2 with gamepad. All of them works fine, even the arcade card ones.