PCSX Metal Gear Solid doesn't work

Hi to all! I use PCSX rearmed core to emulate ps1 games. And all games work really well, except MGS (SLUS-00594). When I start it I get only black screen. No error, no sounds, nothing. I tried various cd images but nothing works. Is PCSXr just not compatible to MGS or there’s some trick to make it work? Thanks for any advice!

I’ve played MGS via PCSX-ReARMed with no major issues. Check your ROM to see if there’s anything wrong with it.

I tried my ROM with ePSXe and it works ok. Also it works with Beetle PSX core, but the sound is laggy and there’s some stuttering. So, i suppose, there’s something wrong with PCSX or maybe config.

Hi!

Try setting “Enable interlacing mode(s)” and/or “Enhanced resolution speed hack” to “off” in core options.

To stop the flickering in CODEC you have to set Frameskip to 1.

Might be a long-shot, but try changing to boot with/without bios? it fixed a great deal of games I couldn’t get to work.

Can’t find this options in menu. Here’s screenshot of what I have there.

Yes, tried this in the first place, but didn’t help T_T

Then the Android version has some additional options compared to the Windows version. Sorry. :frowning:

Sorry to bring this up! But I have the same issue as Jeneko… Of the 10 games I have for PS1 only MGS does not work with ReARMed…

Yep, I’m getting the exact same problem when trying to load MGS with ReArmed. Black screen, no sound, no errors. Running Windows 10 64 bit.

I can get MGS to load with Beetle PSX but it runs slow on my system and I get choppy sound.

I’ve tried maybe a dozen other games with ReArmed and they all run fine.

Curious if you figured this out. I was using RocketLauncher and it wasn’t working because it was a multidisc game. I extracted the game and setup m3u files and the game boots fine now.

2 Likes

It appears to be working fine now, for whatever reason.