PCSX (PS1) Emulator does not work anymore

I’d like to start off by saying that I was using an HTC One M8 throughout all of this.

Anyways, I need help.

I first got RetroArch for my phone with the intention of playing PS1 games. The Mednafen emulator never worked for me, so I sticked to PCSX instead and it worked just fine.

This morning, I updated my Android phone, (and installed a few updates from the Play Store), and attempted to play a PS1 game…I could be wrong, but I think the updates may have screwed it up.

Now, every time I try to load a PS1 ISO it just sends me back to the home screen…Mednafen works now (surprisingly) but I don’t want to use it since it’s laggy AF

Any help?

If you are using the Play Store version of retroarch, I’d try the nightly build: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/android/

In addition, you’ll need to manually download cores and change the ‘system path’ with the PSX bios (or put it in ISO folder)

Does the Play Store version ever get updated at all?

Forgot to mention:

How do I manually download the cores? I opened the folder corresponding to the version that I downloaded and there are 3 folders…each of them seem to have the same file but idk which one to choose and what to do with it

Why do you want to download manually? There is a builtin core manager

I just noticed lol

When I went to “downloadable cores” it took me about a minute to load all of them -_-

lt works now, thanks for the help!