PCSX ReARMed crash in 1.8.5

Just updated from 1.7.6 to 1.8.5 on my 2011 Macbook Pro, running High Sierra version 10.13.6. Everything seems to be in working order except for PCSXR, which crashes retroarch any time I try to run a cue file now. Bios files are correct and standalone PCSX Reloaded works fine. Beetle works as well so I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or ran in to any issues with PCSXR on Retroarch 1.8.5, I swear it was working just fine last night on 1.7.6. I was just in the middle of a game using PCSXR so it’d be annoying to start over lol.

Can you get a log of the crash?

The memory cards should be able to switch over to Beetle-PSX if needed, AFAIK.

I should’ve linked it in the main topic my b lol

Hmm, “mapping main RAM failed” seems suspicious. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s probably related to the dynarec.

Can you open your retroarch-core-options.cfg file and look for the set of pcsx-rearmed options. See if there’s one for pcsx_rearmed_drc and if there is, change it to “disabled”. if there’s not, add one.

I just checked the file and that line of code wasn’t there so i added pcsx_rearmed_drc = “disabled” and tried running a cue in reARMed but got the same crash. Is the placement of that line important? I just put it directly under pcsx_rearmed_memcard2 = “disabled”. Thanks for the help btw.

No, placement shouldn’t matter.

I’m not sure what else could be causing that error. I do know the dynarec fails with the built-in HLE BIOS, so I would suggest double-checking that to make sure you have all of the BIOS images it wants and they match both the name and checksum that are listed in the core info.

I just double checked and made sure on those checksums and they were all good, but oh well its ultimately not a huge deal because Beetle PSX works. Just really weird, there is barely anything I can find on a “mapping main RAM failed” related to retroarch or rearmed.

1 Like