Pcsx rearmed crash with vulkan android when enter menu (F1)

Hi, i would try vulkan on pcsx rearmed on my shield tv but the core crash when I want to enter menu F1. I have the last core update on retroarch 1.7.3. Do you encounter these behavior on android? I would try vulkan shaders but can’t activate them because I can’t enter in the menu Thanks

I use vulkan with that core all the time on my Shield ATV, so it should work. You would have to post a log for us to even guess what’s going wrong:

https://docs.libretro.com/guides/generating-retroarch-logs/

thanks, so I was able to post the log below and using minimal adb fastboot software.

thanks in advance for your help regards

It looks like it’s starting with a GL context and then switching to a Vulkan context later on at some point. Are you using an override to change to Vulkan? If so, that doesn’t work, unfortunately, for exactly this reason.

yes exactly thanks I use a core override because others cores are by default in GL. Could you explain me how to launch directly in vulkan pcsx rearmed without touch the default retroarch.cfg ? thanks for you help and patience

You can’t do it. The context has to match the current video_driver.

However, the GLSL shaders should be comparable to the vulkan/slang ones with a few exceptions.

ok so all your cores on your shield use the vulkan driver without any problem ? Because I will have to change all my settings (shaders, etc ) on all my configuration. so before i would be sure to not break all my config thanks

Well, GL cores don’t work, like N64. PPSSPP technically works with vulkan but it’s choppy and not really a good experience currently. All of the software-rendered cores work fine, though.

ok thank for all your support i will make a all backup of my gl config then will try vulkan driver thanks you regards

1 Like