PCSX rearmed not working for 'new' devices? (Is this true, and in the latest builds?)

Hi, I have an ipad air 2 - Retro Arch is great with it, gba games work well, SNES games too. (although I am not sure why we have 3 gba cores, is one really not better than the other?) For the one psx game I have, Mednafen works, but I cannot use any input, on the screen or with my PS3 controller, nothing works… (With GBA etc, the input is perfect) Plus, PCSX rearmed is supposed to be better - but when I use it it immediately crashes RA. Is there any hope for a fix? :slight_smile: I appreciate all the work in RA, thanks.

• ah one more thing. When I choose the ‘content’ directory (roms), in the RGUI, my roms folder is selected correctly when I open content. But when I am in the ‘normal’ IOS GUI of RA, and go to load content, my custom selected directory is ignored, and I have to select the folder each time. Is this a known bug? (or am I doing something wrong?)

Thank you

What jailbreak did you use? I use vba next. I think it runs smoother. Just pick whichever runs the best with that certain game is what I do.

PPjailbreak (although does it matter, i didn’t think it did right? root is root, no?) thanks for your input :slight_smile: any information about pcsx rearmed though?

Jailbreak type definitely matters when it comes to running dynamic recompilers, such as the one in pcsx-rearmed.

I’m using Evasion for my 7.0.4 iOS.

Should I change jailbreak provider?

P.S. Where’s the RetroArch Source for Cydia? I only see 1.0.0.1, I want 1.0.0.2 like I had before as I’ve just done a format.

( Phone was getting sluggish after 6 months ;d )

so it really would have made a difference if i jailbroke on a windows computer with taig as opposed to pp with my mac… jeez - android rooting is so much more simple lol is the recommened jailbreak type listed anywhere for retroarch? (what is it, and if not listed, why not?)

really, i read pcsx rearmed does not work on iphone 6/+ - and I think ipad air 2. is this correct? and is it fixed in the latest builds/nightlies?

or is the fact that pcsx crashing because i use ppjailbreak…?

i would really appreciate this cleared up :slight_smile: thank you.

I think Evasion was the last one that worked 100%. With Taig, mupen64plus dynarec works but pcsx-rearmed dynarec does not. You can use the interpreter for pcsx-rearmed on any version, but it doesn’t like FF9, apparently.

disclaimer: not an ios user, so I can’t guarantee the veracity of that info. this is just what i’ve seen from other posters on the forum.

[QUOTE=hunterk;20287]I think Evasion was the last one that worked 100%. With Taig, mupen64plus dynarec works but pcsx-rearmed dynarec does not. You can use the interpreter for pcsx-rearmed on any version, but it doesn’t like FF9, apparently.

disclaimer: not an ios user, so I can’t guarantee the veracity of that info. this is just what i’ve seen from other posters on the forum.[/QUOTE] ok, thanks for the information!

It’s impossible to play playstation on mine running pangu 8.1 iPhone 6 plus. But I used to run it all the time on my iPhone 5 with evasion. So Ya it’s very important which jailbreak you used and what device you are on. Your better off with taig or pp than with pangu.

so it is confirmed that pcsx rearmed works on iphone 6 plus – WITH TAIG? i thought i rad it was a problem with the newer CPUs or something like that…

I’m not sure if it runs with taig. I just know for a fact that it doesn’t run with pangu. You are just better off using taig or pangu to help with issues.

I’m pretty certain that it just doesn’t work with the new processors but I can’t guarantee from personal experience. I have a friend with a 6 plus using taig I’ll have him test it.