PCSX ReARmed Settings

I’m curious about two of the configuration options. One being “enhanced resolution speed” and “frame duping”. What do these do? Is the former simply “less enhanced” than the normal setting? You can only set it to enabled or disabled (and at the same time as normal enhanced resolution).

Also, can someone point me in the right direction as to how to add shaders, and which ones are worth adding?

I’m not 100% on this, but I think “enhanced resolution speed” makes the enhanced resolution option incur less of a performance hit at the expense of issues(?) in some games. I think you’re best off enabling it any time you do enhanced res and just turn it off if you run into problems.

For shaders, you need to go into the in-game menu and go to settings > shader settings and set the paths from 0 to 1 or whatever and then navigate to the shader you want to use. On cell phones, I don’t think there are many that are particularly worthwhile, since the screen is so small. Nevertheless, scanlines and CRT-Easymode both look pretty nice and are usable on strong devices.

[QUOTE=hunterk;18502]I’m not 100% on this, but I think “enhanced resolution speed” makes the enhanced resolution option incur less of a performance hit at the expense of issues(?) in some games. I think you’re best off enabling it any time you do enhanced res and just turn it off if you run into problems.

For shaders, you need to go into the in-game menu and go to settings > shader settings and set the paths from 0 to 1 or whatever and then navigate to the shader you want to use. On cell phones, I don’t think there are many that are particularly worthwhile, since the screen is so small. Nevertheless, scanlines and CRT-Easymode both look pretty nice and are usable on strong devices.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I see. Thank you. I’m using a Shield (portable) and haven’t noticed any problems with the “speed” setting being off thus far, although I’ll probably just leave it on anyway.