PCSX won't load any game

[QUOTE=syi666;23752]I’ve tried castlevania symphony of the night, crash bandicoot, crash bandicoot 2 wrath of cortex. I’ve tried, bin and iso files. I’d make an ecm and try that but I don’t know how to on unbuntu.

basically what happens is I try and select core, pcsx, load content, select my game, app crashes to home.

I’m using an LG G PAD F 7.0 unrooted.

I’m sure this has been asked a thousand times but I’m just so defeated after trying to get this to work for 3 hours. I can’t get anything to run actuallly. I just tried conkers bad fur day and that crashes to home[/QUOTE]

With the latest 1.2 release, on Shield ATV, I confirmed PCSX + “Castlevania symphony of the night” AND mupen64+“Conker’s Bad Fur Day” work fine with the latest Android release.

Here’s my information directly from within RetroArch after going to “Load RetroArch” on my Note 4.

Due to playing Japanese games for my language learning, my bios may differ from yours.

Core - PCSX ReArmed Core Information - (I’ll skip the obvious stuff)

Permissions: Dynarec Firmware: Name: scph5500.bin (PS1 JP BIOS) Status: Present, Optional

Name: scph5501.bin (PS1 US BIOS) Status: Present, Optional

Name: scph5502.bin (PS1 EU BIOS) Status: Present, Optional

I have nearly every bios imaginable from good sources and it works on nearly every emulator including PC emulators like EPSXE, PCSX, etc., and its forks. It also works on ClassicBoy from the GooglePlay store as well, I have triple checked and even re-downloaded them as well and I get the same results.

These BIOS files are located in my system directory and not on the SD Card. I’ve noticed huge problems when using BIOS files on my SD Card for PS1 games on RetroArch.

Could this be a bug or something else?

Edit: 07/09/2015

After continuously updating both PSX cores Medafen and PCSX, I got Mednafen to actually work. Keep in mind, I changed absolutely NOTHING in the emulator the whole time and Mednafen suddenly worked when I updated because last I checked before I updated today, it still didn’t work on either core. PCSX still doesn’t work but I can get Mednafen to. This tells me it is something emulator based.