PCSX won't load any game

I’ve tried castlevania symphony of the night, crash bandicoot, crash bandicoot 2 wrath of cortex. I’ve tried, bin and iso files. I’d make an ecm and try that but I don’t know how to on unbuntu.

basically what happens is I try and select core, pcsx, load content, select my game, app crashes to home.

I’m using an LG G PAD F 7.0 unrooted.

I’m sure this has been asked a thousand times but I’m just so defeated after trying to get this to work for 3 hours. I can’t get anything to run actuallly. I just tried conkers bad fur day and that crashes to home

1 Like

firstly as I understand it u can only launch them from the Cue file.

do you have the bios file and custom directory setup in settings?

it just so happens I am having this same issue also and that was the advice I got but didn’t solve my issue

yes I had set up all of that as the wiki suggested. my mistake was installing the play store version which doesn’t work at all

I have tried the google play store version and the nightly I cant get playstation running on both lol

Having the same issue. The play store version worked before about 8 months ago or so. That version hasn’t changed, and snes and Genesis roms work, but PSX isos crash to home. Not retroarch home, Android home. So it’s not exactly the same result that you’re having, but similar.

have you put the BIOS files in the system folder or made a path to them? are you using auto detect or loading the core before you load the .img?

Sure its Lollipop issues, every version works on my shield kitkat, but many problems on shield tv with lollipop.

It works on my shield tablet running lollypop.

The bios is in the correct place. I do have lollipop. So how do we bring this to the top of the priorities? I’m sure many people have lollipop, so this seems like a serious problem.

But it works on my device, I have lollipop. Haven’t updated in a few weeks

I have a Nexus 5 running 5.1.1. Are there any known issues with either that version of Android on that device or that version specifically?

Not that I know of. Do other cores work? Can you get us a logcat?

I’m working on getting a logcat. I can’t seem to figure out aLogCat (in sorry, I’m a total newb and have never done a logcat) so I’ll have to wait until I’m close to a computer. Thanks for your patience.

I will say that picodrive, SNES 9X Next, Mupen64, and VBA Next for sure work for me.

no problem. FWIW, I’ve had better luck with .logcat (dot-logcat).

Mednafen PSX works for me, wich is very slow and unplayable. PCSX Rearmed crashes when load a game. Im running Lollipop with Galaxy S5.

Oddly enough, Mednafen PSX crashes the same way for me too. It’s odd because I’ve anyways used the same version and device, but just recently the PSX cores began to behave this way. I’ll get a log cat when I can.

I don’t know how the shield works but try to put your bios, assuming it is correctly named, in the main storage (not the root) /android/data/com.retroarch/files Why you have to put it there when the emulator is set to search for the bios in the same folder as the ROMs you’re loading is beyond me but that’s the way I’ve managed to launch Yabause and 4do.

I’m happy to say that with the new Play Store update today, this PSX core functions as normal. I’d encourage all who’ve had issues to try it out again.

I have had this problem ever since I upgraded to Lollipop myself. My bios files have been upper and lower case, I have copied all of my bios files into every known directory to test any flaw including on my SD Card and system memory. PCSX has failed on all attempts and I haven’t been able to even use it at all since the update.

Unfortunately, this lead me to replace most of my PS1 collection with PSP ports or remakes due to the poor amount of working PS1 emulators on Android. I have tested PCSX Rearmed and Mednafen’s PS1 cores both on my SD Card and System Memory in plenty of folders to ensure nothing went wrong. Funny fact is, these bios files were the same ones used in previous versions of RetroArch that worked flawlessly and allowed me to play Akumajou / Castlevania, Parasite Eve and many others before I updated to Lollipop.

I never modified anything after updating on RetroArch and it still failed. I’m not sure if I ever updated RetroArch as soon as I updated to Lollipop, but it didn’t work once I updated.

The Google Play Store has ClassicBoy in which I found has a PS1 emulator, the same one RetroArch has unless otherwise noted and I tested loading Metal Gear Solid (Japan) and it worked without any modifications required. The bios file ClassicBoy uses that works for me is the same one RetroArch should be using so I know it is fine and works. I’ve struggled with this problem just after updating to Lollipop and even tested and confirmed ClassicBoy which uses the same emulator works, please don’t blame people for failing to launch any PS1 games due to the wrong directory.

It worked before I even updated to Lollipop as well.

I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with S-Pen. Try to reproduce these problems instead of blaming others, it’s all over the web.

Alright, get us some logs, then, because it’s not happening for us. Verify through the core information that it’s detecting and accepting your BIOS files. If it’s not, tell us your filename and a checksum of your BIOS images and we can compare with the ones that work for us.