Pcsx1 no longer in ppa?

Hi,

i switched to an new ubuntu distribution (Lubuntu) and started to install retroarch by adding the testing ppa and downloading the retroarch package. When i looked for the cores i need i noticed, that apt-get is not listing pcsx1 or pcsxr anymore. When i look for the package on my notebook (where retroarch is fully configured) i can still find it. I would like to use pcsx over mednafen-psx because i have most of my ps1 roms as .bin files, which mednafen refuses to play. Am i doing something wrong or is pcsx core no longer in the ppa?

Take a look again.

Mednafen needs .cue + .bin files, you can find .cue in redump.org

Or you can try to create a basic cue file for them:

FILE "gameisofile.bin" BINARY TRACK 01 MODE2/2352 INDEX 01 00:00:00

Thanks for the replies :). I now tried the few multitrack .bins with .cue files i have and mednafen gives me just a blank screen and this output :

unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port1.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port2.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port3.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port4.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port5.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port6.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port7.gun_chairs unhandled setting UI: psx.input.port8.gun_chairs

Just stays blank with no sound until i kill it. Same for single Track files with basic cue file. In pcsx the files work fine.

Im grateful for any suggestions.

You probably have a malformed .cue file, use redump images.

Also, mednafen needs bios, load the core and Information --> Core Information, take a look at firmware.

Hey i managed to download the pcsx1 core by changing the “xenial” to the older “wily” in my ppa and it plays all my files without hustle :).

Hi,

I also use 16.04 and from the ppa only Mednafen is preinstalled.

I’ll give it a try. My question is: does it support multi-track bin + ape’s ?

I’ve other images in ccd / img / sub format and other ones in iso format.

However before doing my testing, I first need to figure out where to place the BIOS file.

In ~/.config/retro arch/retroarch.cfg system_directory is set to default. What is the default in Ubuntu 16.04 ?

Default is the same directory as your content file(s), which is probably not what you want. You can set up a dedicated system/BIOS directory via settings > directory. I use a directory on my NAS so all of my machines can use the same BIOS images.

AFAIK, beetle-psx does not support multi-track+ape. You’ll have to either find a bin/cue pair floating around the internets or use a virtual drive to mount the multi-track+ape and then rip to bin/cue yourself. (the former is typically easier than the latter)

1 Like