PCSX2 and Dolphin Core in the future?

Do you think it will ever happen?

1 Like

There’s already a WIP (not working yet) port of Dolphin:

PCSX2 on the other hand is a non-portable piece of trainwreck codebase that will go anywhere. Play! might receive a libretro port sometime in the future though:

[QUOTE=Oggom;20653]There’s already a WIP (not working yet) port of Dolphin:

PCSX2 on the other hand is a non-portable piece of trainwreck codebase that will go anywhere. Play! might receive a libretro port sometime in the future though: https://github.com/jpd002/Play-/issues/9[/QUOTE]

I Know dolphin is already on the google play store but a libretro port would be really great. Hopefully Play will turn out well. Cant wait to play them on my android.

No, he’s saying that there already is a Libretro port of Dolphin in the works. That’s what the GitHub link is for.

And yeah, Play! looks to be our only hope of PS2 emulation sane enough for a Libretro port.

[QUOTE=bleakassassin;20704]No, he’s saying that there already is a Libretro port of Dolphin in the works. That’s what the GitHub link is for.

And yeah, Play! looks to be our only hope of PS2 emulation sane enough for a Libretro port.[/QUOTE]

Do you think dolphin would be able to run on the Android version of retro arch?

I’m sure a version of the core will be made for Android in due time. Whether or not it will run well will depend on how Dolphin standalone runs on your Android device. So…probably not well at all.