Per code shader issue

Hey guys. I’m trying to figure out how to do per-core shader settings. Let’s say I want crt geom for most retro stuff, and a green-screen game boy filter for my game boy core only. How do I do this? When I attempt to save for core only, it still makes a global change to all emulators. I have figured out how to do core overrides for overlays, dimensions, etc. but shaders are just not sticking for me. Can I add the shader path to the core override cfg?

Using a nightly build from about 1 week ago on Windows 10.

For per-core shaders, use the ‘save core preset’ option from the shader menu. However, when a shader preset is loaded it gets saved into the retroarch.glslp/cgp/slangp preset, which doesn’t get reset when you switch cores (sucks, but that’s just how it works). So, effectively, if you want a per-core shader for one core, you’ll need to set them for every core or else it will seem to bleed into other cores.

Thanks for the reply. So if I launch a game from say, Launchbox, will saving a preset automatically load the shader or do I need to load each time?

It will load the preset automatically once you save the core (or game) preset.