Per console Save Locations

Hello, I have a pretty modest filesystem for my roms, but looking to clean it up. I currently have a folder for each console system that I emulate, then all the roms with many as zips, and with retroarch the savefiles currently go to the content directory right beside the roms as so

RomsFolder/Console/%rom%.extension
RomsFolder/Console/%rom%.state
RomsFolder/Console/%rom%.srm

This comes to look like this

RomsFolder/Snes/Zelda2.zip
RomsFolder/Snes/Zelda2.srm
RomsFolder/Snes/Zelda2.state
RomsFolder/Snes/Zelda2.state1
RomsFolder/Snes/Zelda2.state2
RomsFolder/Snes/Zelda2.state3

What I would like to try to do to keep things a bit more clean is have all my savestates save to a directory IN EACH SYSTEM folder, on top of that, as a bonus, if a folder could be made for each rom I would be very happy. so what im hopping is

RomsFolder/Console/Saves/%rom%.state
RomsFolder/Console/Saves/%rom%.srm
or
RomsFolder/Console/Saves/%rom/%rom%.state
RomsFolder/Console/Saves/%rom/%rom%.srm

RomsFolder/Snes/Zelda2.zip
RomsFolder/Snes/saves/Zelda2/Zelda2.srm
RomsFolder/Snes/saves/Zelda2/Zelda2.state
RomsFolder/Snes/saves/Zelda2/Zelda2.state1
RomsFolder/Snes/saves/Zelda2/Zelda2.state2
RomsFolder/Snes/saves/Zelda2/Zelda2.state3

haveing the Per console “save” folder again subdivided into games is not the main goal but if it is possible and you can show me how there would be many thanks in order

ALSO if anyone has any better or really great ways to organize all these files, so they are reltativly portable and modular I would be very happy to try something differnt if it meets my needs

There is an option to sort save data in subfolders depending on the core name. There is no “console” in RetroArch so it can’t be per-system but per-core works good enough for me

where would that setting be found?

settings/saving

What happened to this option? Im using the latest version and i cant find such a setting. Is there another way to create a per core or per console folder for saves and savestates?

Enable Show Advanced Settings under User Interface to see that option.

Nice, tks for the answer Awakened.