Per core config/override setup confusion

Hi All,

I have been struggling to figure out the best and easiest way to configure retroarch 1.3.2 stable on my Nvidia Shield TV. I guess the basics are global across most platforms.

How do you organise and save your different settings for each core? (i.e. Content directory/ Shader/overlay/aspect ratio)

I know overrides are designed to append settings in the main retroarch.cfg but for this to work properly I think you have to manually edit the .cfg text with only the settings you want different to the retroarch.cfg file. This may be a bit hard for a beginner like me to start off with so I will leave that one.

Per core configs So if I load a game and change some settings like just the overlay.

1. What do I do next to save it only for that core and what is the saved file called?
  2. How do I stop it from changing my retroarch.cfg file? (Turn off save on exit maybe?)
  3. Where should the amended core config file be placed to auto load when I next open the a game in that core
  4. What name should the .cfg file be called?

Any help please my configs are a mess right now!!

So I think I have figured this out now!

But anyone’s opinion on how they do it is welcome.

I turned off load overrides Turned on per core Left save on exit on Loaded a game Went to menus and changed overlays/shaders Resumed content to check Quit retroarch Per core config files saved to config directory Loaded content again and my settings stuck.

Yep, that’s how it’s supposed to work.

simple, not to sure why it took me so long!!!

Messed around with overrides for a while, per core is simplier for now