Per-Core Configs No Longer Working (1.3.X)

I load a core, but it simply uses the last-used settings. For example, I select the SNES core, go to Load Content, and I’ll be in the NES directory, or whichever I last set manually.

Everything is set to ON in the Configuration settings menu. I checked to ensure that the corresponding CFG files are correct.

I don’t know about per-core settings, but with overrides the browser directory setting doesn’t override the setting in retroarch.cfg until you load a game. Maybe that setting is now having that problem with the per-core setting option.

Turning off the override option might help, since it could be conflicting with per-core settings.

It actually was initially off, I just turned it on to see if it would help, prior to posting this thread. Negative…

[QUOTE=baryn;36367]I load a core, but it simply uses the last-used settings. For example, I select the SNES core, go to Load Content, and I’ll be in the NES directory, or whichever I last set manually.

Everything is set to ON in the Configuration settings menu. I checked to ensure that the corresponding CFG files are correct.[/QUOTE]

is the whole thing not working or just that particular setting?

RE: Awakened, overrides apply on content load so the behavior you describe is normal, also, if configurations per-core are enabled overrides are forcefully disabled

Also save directories. Those 3 settings are about all I change per core.

Are you sure those ever changed in the first place? I’m not sure, and actually I’d be surprised if changing those worked in the first place, I went through a lot of trouble to make sure the auto save sorting per-core worked

I used to have save and state directories set in my overrides before the save and state sorting options were added. I still use separate system folders for each core defined in my overrides. But I’ve never tried the per-core setting option to see if they work there too.

Yes I remember that but I also remember not all the cores honoured the override dir