Per game shader loading?

Is there anyway to do this?

Yes, using the override system. In your ‘config’ directory, make a subdirectory with the name of the core (e.g., Nestopia) and then you can make cfg files named for the game (e.g., Mega Man 2 (USA).cfg) and only include the options you want to override. In the case of a shader change, it would be: video_shader_enable = “true” video_shader = /path/to/shader.cgp

It’s kinda broken / with bad behavior, it’ll load fine shaders for each core if you configure it properly, but it’ll not unload for the cores that there’s no shader configured.

[QUOTE=hunterk;40729]Yes, using the override system. In your ‘config’ directory, make a subdirectory with the name of the core (e.g., Nestopia) and then you can make cfg files named for the game (e.g., Mega Man 2 (USA).cfg) and only include the options you want to override. In the case of a shader change, it would be: video_shader_enable = “true” video_shader = /path/to/shader.cgp[/QUOTE]

Thanks. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=sergio-br2;40747]It’s kinda broken / with bad behavior, it’ll load fine shaders for each core if you configure it properly, but it’ll not unload for the cores that there’s no shader configured.

That is a little annoying.

[QUOTE=hunterk;40729]Yes, using the override system. In your ‘config’ directory, make a subdirectory with the name of the core (e.g., Nestopia) and then you can make cfg files named for the game (e.g., Mega Man 2 (USA).cfg) and only include the options you want to override. In the case of a shader change, it would be: video_shader_enable = “true” video_shader = /path/to/shader.cgp[/QUOTE]

Does this feature depend on some specific setting? 'cause I’ve followed your instructions but Retroarch doesn’t seem to be detecting any override files.

Do you have ‘Load override files automatically’ set to on in the ‘Configuration’ section of the settings?

Here’s how I have my config set up:

video_shader_enable = “true” video_shader = :\shaders/shaders_cg/example/example.cgp

I do.

Here’s my setup:

input_exit_emulator = ”q”
video_shader_enable = "true"
video_shader = ":/Contents/Resources/shaders/scanline.cgp"

The line “input_exit_emulator = ”q”” is only there so that I’m able to verify if retroarch is using the file at all, which it is not. The reason is I’m not entirely sure if the most recent (stable) build for OS X knows how to read .cgp files. The .cg files themselves work fine, but the presets don’t as far as I can tell. Anyway, I’ve named the file Donkey Kong 64 (USA).cfg and placed it inside /config/Mupen64Plus, same place all the .opt files are located. Is there anything that doesn’t check out?