Per-Side overscan (cropping) in main.cfg?

Is there any way to change per-side overscan in main.cfg?

In my computer, I have a launching script for RetroAch that uses different configuration files that override different parts of main.cfg:

• General configuration
  • System configuration (so I can apply different shaders to different systems)
  • User configuration (so I can put savegames in different places for different people)

I wanted to add a fourth per-rom configuration file to be able to apply different overscan (or cropping) settings mainly for NES and Master System but I haven’t seen any valid option in main.cfg. Do you know how could I achieve what I want? The closes thing I found is

# Forces cropping of overscanned frames.
# Exact behavior of this option is implementation specific.
# video_crop_overscan = true

Regards and thanks in advance.

Nestopia/FCEUmm and GenPlusGX both have pretty configurable overscan options in the core options.

But that way, as far as I know, I would apply the settings to all the games emulated with that core.

Just create a per game core options file after loading the game you want to change overscan on. In Quick Menu, Options there’s a “Create game options” option at the top.

Thanks, Awakened. I’m following that route now. I’m going to modify the base cores.cfg with a script. It will work (fair enough), but it’ll have several caveats:

1. The option name depends on the core. I’m currently using Nestopia for NES, if I change the core, I also have to change my cores.cfg modification script.
  2. You cannot load and override several cores.cfg files like you can with retroarch.cfg.
  3. You have to mess with two different config files. I agree that it’s better to have two different configuration files: one for general/common options “retroarch.cfg”, and another one for core-specific options “cores.cfg”.

Regards