Per system/core keybinds windows 1.6

i am currently working on a friends arcade control board and pc setup similar to my own with hyperspin/rlauncher/ and a mess of emulators. i have my system all setup but i am either missing something or something has changes with retroarch or something else that is causing this 2 weeks of headaches lol

so where i am having all the issues is with the core specific key binds as i want a specific keybind to load with each system. this is how i have my machine setup and i just cant seem to get it. can someone point me at a tut that has a walk-through of this process?

i see they are doing something with core overrides but this seems to be just settings and seems to have nothing to do with the keybinds.

Correct: overrides don’t do control stuff, only other options (video settings, rewind on/off, etc.). For controls, we use remap files, which are similar to overrides insofar as you can set them up per-core, but the way they work is they move the core’s buttons around on the retropad input abstraction.

That is, for example, if you assigned core button 1 to retropad A by default, you could have a remap file that assigns it to retropad B instead. So, you map your arcade buttons to the retropad and then you can move the cores’ buttons around on the retropad to sync up with your buttons on a per-core basis. Does that make sense?

If you’re using an external launcher, though, you can use entirely different config files, if you prefer, and just pass them along with the -c /path/to/core-specific.cfg CLI switch

1 Like

thank you so much. this is what i needed to know to get me sorted out. i seemed to have figured something out that i was missing this whole time.

so i was going about puting in the binds then going to save that out to a config copy it off and save it for that core then go back to the launcher to set the config manually however what i found was that if i hit save current under configurations this dumped out the file in the core name and has all my seting in there. and when i launch from rlauncher it or retroarch is auto loading that file and it just working. just like my main machine.

thanks again