Perfect dark on Fire TV Stick 4K Max unusable after being punched

I just started using Retroarch on my fire stick 4k max a few days ago and after untold hours fighting with controllers (messed up fire stick remote setting to where it can’t enter, no idea how to fix, 8bitdo controller mostly working but have to reprogram when switching to ps3 remote and back) I have managed to get perfect dark 64 (my favorite game of all time) to work surprisingly well using parallel core. I pretty much only play the combat simulator and it works near perfect except at very specific moments like when you are punched. When you are punched the game goes into a stuttery slow motion that never seems to end until you exit the level. This also happens when you try to aim the farsight, I suspect the use of tranquillizers from the crossbow would have same affect but have not confirmed . Any ideas on how to fix this? I would really like to get it to work as it seemed to work even better then it did on the 64 when it does work.

Also when ever I tell the game to end through end content it shuts down all of retroarch instead of going back to main screen (it goes back to the main screen when I exit out of nes/snes games). I think this is making it impossible to save any changes.

Thanks in advance, I really hope to use retroarch more going forward. If I can get the controller situation sorted out I think I will use it often for old nes/snes games if nothing else.

Just wanted to say after trying for hours with out success I found a whole new app, Mupen64plus fz, and it works great with perfect dark on single player combat simulator with stock emulators. For single player the 1st emulator in the menu worked and for multi player I believe it was rice speed that worked. Much easier to set up controllers on this app and working great on firestick 4k max. Have only tested for maybe an hour or so but it does not freeze up when punched.