Performance Issue on Galaxy S5

Hi, I’m running 01-22-15 nightly build on Android 5.0 on my Galaxy S5. I’m running mednafaden psx and mupen64 cores, with default settings and no shader at all but audio and video are crackling on both cores. Is there any setting to improve performance?

Mednafen PSX is very slow, so it’s no surprise that it’s not full speed for you. PCSX-ReARMed is a better bet, but I believe its dynarec is currently broken on Lollipop. You should verify that, though.

Mupen64Plus’s dynarec should work, though, and you can try setting the gfx plugin to something faster/less accurate, such as Rice. (those mupen options are in the ‘core options’ btw)

Thank you very much, | didn’t knew that mednafen psx core was so demanding, even with a 2.8Ghz OC the lag stills… indeed I saw some videos running full speed on weaker devices, but it was pcsx core, hope it gets compatible again soon. On Mupen64 I achieved good speed with OC, but some games i.e. Goldeneye, still unplayable.

Not related to this thread, but Bind All on option the R2 button is missing on latest builds.

wut? that’s weird! I’ll look into it. Thanks for the heads-up.

Since the 01-16-15 its missing, not a big since you can scroll down and bind it.

DISABLE THREADED VIDEO. Doing that all my sync and sound problems dissapear with my Samsung S5

Threaded video works fine here, don’t spread unfounded fud

Its a fact on mine. I really cant use threaded video enable. every 5-10 seconds it stuttered. ( sorry for my english). im not here to spread unfounded fud. im here to help. and i made several autoconfig for you and the community. Go read my nightly experiences topic i post a long post there.

edit: by the way, i got the same stuttered problem when playing in my sony hdtv , i didnt find a way to correct it and im using a 2.0 mhl adapter in 60hz. i played with refresh rate from 59.95 and below without too much succeed

i just tested it again with Fceum emulator with super mario bros. with thread video enable , the framerate( refresh rate) got stuttered every 5 seconds. with threaded video disable the problem dissapear at 100% all work perfectly smooth , no stuttered at all. i have a Samsung S5 rooted and im using a ipega 9017 controller for the test. i didnt have a crackling sound problem.

note: but i remember with 1.0.0.2 i triggered a out of sync sound problem with thread video enable using combination of different option, but i dont remember exactly.