Performance issue

I experience some weird performance issues and i can’t figure out the cause:

My settings are the same as in version 1.2.2 stable. The same video settings, cores, shaders, etc. But while in 1.2.2 i have no issues, 1.3.0 is painfully slow (like 50% difference or something). It can’t even run BSNES balanced at full speed (in 1.2.2 it had no problems).

Now, the weird thing is that, once i bring up the task manager and the window loses focus, it goes full speed again! Once i click on the game window and RetroArch takes focus, it starts slowing down again. Also, if i use RetroArch in a window, the speed issues also go away. If i use windowed full screen, it slows down again.

These issues happen with almost all cores and in both Win7 and Win10.

I’d really like to understand what the cause of this issue is because i can’t figure it out. Non of the nightly versions help, i get the same issues with all of them (including the latest i just tested as i’m writing this). In other words, i’m stuck with 1.2.2 and can’t ever upgrade because of this crippling issue : /

Thanks in advance.

My HW:

i5 4670 GTX 960 16GB RAM Win 7 SP1 + Win 10 pro (dual boot)

Ok, after some time trying to figure out any different option between 1.2.2 and 1.3.0, i found out that the newer version has different frame throttle options.

In 1.2.2 there’s a limiter option that you can turn ON or OFF. My setting in all systems was OFF. In 1.3.0 there is no such option. This caused garbled audio, which i thought it was because of the games lagging. The only way to fix it in 1.3.0 since the toggle option is missing, was to change “maximum run speed” from 1.0 to 0.0 or 2.0. So i selected 0.0 because i guess it’s the same effect as the on/off toggle in the previous version?

Anyway, my issues with garbled audio are now gone with maximum speed at 0.0. However, i have no idea if this will cause any other issues since i don’t know what it does. I don’t see any difference by changing the numbers, the only difference is that “1.0” causes garbled audio. 0.0, 2.0. 3.0, etc clean up the audio and have no other difference.

Edit: Welp, the behavior is completely different when i use my LCD monitor. I get sound garble anyway and the only way to fix it is to alt tab and return.