Performance with beetle psx hw core

Greetings.

My pc is configured with dual boot win10 64bit & ubuntu 14.04 64bit, since my graphics card does not support vulkan i can only use opengl, on windows i can run pretty much anything up to 4x internal resolution and nearest filtering but on ubuntu i can barely use 2x internal resolution.

There is so much diference on performance on ubuntu, even when using 2x internal resolution and trying cpu overclock reduces the performance even more, this doesnt happen on windows where cpu overclock gets rid of slowdowns on games; if trying fast forward on ubuntu at 2x is like running the game at normal speed, there is almost no diferece, on windows at 4x i can get a noticeable speed up like 1.5-2.0 speed aprox.

my pc specs.

CPU: Phenom II X2 555 3.2Ghz Ram: 6GB Video: GTX 550 TI using nvidia propietary driver 375.66 retroarch from libretro/testing ppa

sorry for the bad engrish.

Edit: Today in my pc the update-notifier for some reason freeze using one of my cores up to 100%, i did not know until seeing the system monitor looking for a answer because beetle psx hw core performace improved considerably, seems like the core has problems when using the 2 cores of my cpu but when launching retroarch with “taskset 0x00000001 retroarch” the core is almost on par with the windows version.

this is the only core that have problems on linux, tested nes, snes and nds cores without any hiccups.

1 Like