Pesky mouse pointer when using overlays

I spent the better part of today setting up all those wonderful overlays that’s included in the newer version (I recently upgraded, I’m using Openelec). The overlay itself works like a charm, but something I noticed is that when I’m using an overlay, I have a mouse pointer in the center of the screen. Now in my setup, I don’t actually have a mouse connected, I use a USB MCE remote, so I don’t actually have a way to move the mouse. I tried setting the mouse toggle hotkey, but nothing happened when I hit it.

Is there a setting someplace that will hide the mouse (or at least move it to the corner of the screen?) when I’m using an overlay? I’ve done countless google searches, and I’ve read the tutorials on the config files, but nothing seems to be able to move this mouse. I know I might be a rare breed not using a mouse, but I honestly have never needed a mouse prior to now. I do technically have a mouse I could use, but I was hoping there was just a setting I could use to fix this, as it would get annoying to need to use a mouse everytime I want to play a game.

Thank you in advance for any help!

There’s no option for that currently, but it’s a good idea.

Is this something that could be posted as an issue on the git hub page or is that solely used for bugs as opposed to enhancements?

Go for it. That’ll be a good place for it.

@Protocol Zero I have added this as a feature request on Github https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/2056 you should be able to subscribe to it to see if/when it gets resolved.

While the bug is solved, you can automatically hide the cursor when it doesn’t move for certain time with an external program. That’s what I do in my linux machine but I imagine you can find similar programs for Windows or Mac.

Regards.