Picodrive bios names?

Hi! I am looking for picodrive bios(sega cd…). How can I get the bios? What are the name of it?

thanks!!

Legally speaking you have to dump it from your own console. Otherwise you have to use a search engine, we can’t post any links to romsites here.

“bios_CD_E.bin” (MegaCD EU BIOS) “bios_CD_U.bin” (SegaCD US BIOS) “bios_CD_J.bin” (MegaCD JP BIOS)

Ok. I have the bios files. However, I have put them on retroarch system folder to play to sega cd games but retroarch crash when the game starts.

How can I fixed this issue?

Thanks in advance.

We’ll need to see a log to know why it’s crashing (launch from a command line with --verbose and it will print the errors to the console window). Also, you can load up the core, load a game that works (e.g., some regular Genesis game) and then go back into the menu and look at the core options to make sure it’s actually finding your BIOS files correctly.

Other than that, the most common cause of crashing disc games is malformed cue sheets.

I have tried with a genesis/megadrive rom and it works. (Comix Zone.md) but with sega cd roms I can’t.

When Retroarch crash:

check settings/directory settings, maybe the dir is resetting, try an updated nightly

nightly? Where can I find it?

http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/

And now, what of the nightly (on x86_64 folder) I have to download to fix the issue with sega cd? Are you sure that the other cores I have (and working), are going to be ok? (after download some nightly files and installed)

saving system dir was borked in 1.2.2, check directory settings to make sure it’s saved correctly

Sorry, but I don’t understand.

Go to Settings - Directory and ensure that your bios folder is set to the system folder where your bios files are located.

My roms are in “Retroarch>roms>sega cd”(sega cd roms are located here) and the bios are in "Retroarch>system (the bios are located here)

I have not created any folder to set the bios there. I only set them into system folder.

Sega megadrive roms works fine but sega cd roms, does not work.

Settings, Directory Settings, then set System/BIOS dir to the directory where your BIOS is…

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/149537/Screenshots/Screenshot%202015-08-04%2016.37.15.png

I have created a folder called “BIOS” into system folder but I have the same issue. Then, on retroarch options, I have gone to Settings>Directory Settings>System> BIOS (inside of this folder, I have the bios) and I have set as default.

When the sega cd rom starts, retroarch crashed. :frowning:

Before to go to retroarch options, have I load the core (in this case, picodrive)?