Play video before core startup?

Is it somehow possible to play a local video file before a core starts up? I think this would be so damn cool. I miss the original Playstation intro, wish it could be played before PCSX reads the iso.

//youtu.be/oAhvQoLpvsM

(link for download in description)

I think you can enable the BIOS in PCSX. We aren’t much into adding stuff like what you ask for cosmetic reasons.

Oh, I never knew the intro was included in the bios files. How would I go about turning it on? Do i have to be in the emulator to enable it, or can it be set beforehand? I looked all over Settings and thought it might be located under Core. I’m probably not looking in the right places.

Pick the core, start some content, then go back into the menu and go to ‘core options’ and look for ‘Enable BIOS’ or something like that. Do note: I don’t think this option works with the built-in HLE BIOS, so make sure you have correct, working BIOS images before enabling it.

Once enabled, does it stay enabled? Is the opening screen the only thing that is supposed to change? I thought there was only one NTSC bios (scph1001.bin)…?

There are different BIOSes for each region, so if you plan on playing any games from other regions, you’ll need to have those, too.

Once enabled, it should stay on unless/until you delete your retroarch-core-options.cfg file, which is where the core options live.

These are the only Core Options i see. I thought changing the Region from Auto to NTSC might help but it didn’t. No idea about the Core Disk Options, i haven’t touched those.

Core Options

• Frameskip: 0
  • Region: Auto
  • Pad 1 Type: standard
  • Pad 2 Type: standard
  • Dynamic Recompiler: enabled
  • Enable Interlacing mode(s): disabled
  • Enhanced resolution (slow): disabled
  • Enhanced resolution speed hack: disabled
  • Frame duping: on
  • Sound - Reverb: on
  • Sound - Interpolation: simple
  • Parasite Eve 2/Vandal Hearts 1/2…: disabled
  • Inyuasha Sengoku Battle Fix: disabled

Core Disk Options

• Disk Index: 1
  • Disk Cycle Tray Status
  • Disk Image Append

Is this by chance a Mednafen PSX core option only? I’ve never been able to get Mednafen to run without crashing, so I have no idea what it’s capable of.

I finally managed to get Mednafen Psx running, I had to select the cue instead of bin. I had been selecting the bin for the longest time.

Although it was extremely stuttery, I did see the PSX intro (PCSX doesn’t show it at all). I tried enabling the CD Image Cache to fix the stutter, but RA force-closed, probably due to lack of memory. Mednafen just plain sucks on Android, most likely due to lack of a dynamic recompliler, which seems to help my Androids greatly.