Trying to play ZXSpectrum games in a retrohandheld gaming device with a linux based distro that uses RetroArch 1.12 and core Fuse(126.96.36.199e9d30).
I’ve spotted those settings related to input:
- QuickMenu / Controls / Port X controls
- QuickMenu / Core Options / Joypad mappings
After many failed attempts to make my device’s dpad work with setting : QuickMenu / Controls / Port 1 controls / Device Type = Kempston (with one or two dpad button not working) i decided to try to use keyboard only .
---- Keyboard input setup for Harrier Attack -----
Game Controls (as appear in the Game’s instructions) were found in site spectrum computing (link) So using those keyboard controls i set: QuickMenu / Controls / Port 1 controls / Device Type = Sinclair Keyboard
- D-pad UP 8 (N/A),(key: up) -> Keyboard 7
- D-pad UP 9 (N/A),(key: down) -> Keyboard 6
- D-pad UP 10 (N/A),(key: left) -> Keyboard 5
- D-pad UP 11 (N/A),(key: right) -> Keyboard 8
- A Button (Right) 1 (N/A),(key: x) -> Keyboard 0
- B Button (Down) 0 (N/A),(key: z) -> Keyboard 9
- Auto: 12 (N/A) , (Key: rshift) -> ??
That worked but now Device’s Select is not mapped to Keyboard Overlay (usefull to input highscores ) I’d like to set Auto: 12 (N/A) , (Key: rshift) -> Keyboard ovelay but trying to set it i am presented with a very long list with all the possible zx spectrum keyboard input. Is there a way to map it to the keyboard overlay ?