Playlist Buddy Help

So I want to make a playlist for Atari 2600 homebrew games. Iv’e used Playlist buddy in the past for c64 successfully as none of the roms were recognised by Retroarch automatically as I assume they didn’t match the database.

I have a guide on what I need to populate the various fields in Playlist Buddy with but for some reason I can’t get it to work properly . I got a list made but it had the default retroarch asset icon of a rocket instead of the Atari joystick Icon. also, the roms wouldn’t start even though they start when I load the content manually.

Does anyone have a link to a good guide or walkthrough for Playlist Buddy or advise on what and how I need to set the fields and setting please?

For the pic, the playlist just needs to have the exact same name as the icon you want. So, if you made a playlist named Custom - Fighting Games.lpl, you would need to rename the pic you want to use as Custom - Fighting Games.png.

Rather than use playlist buddy, you can just press F5 to bring up the desktop menu where you can create/edit playlists via drag-and-drop without going through the scanner.

2 Likes

Thanks. Didn’t know thar at all about the desktop menu

Hi I’ve gone into desktop mode but I can’t drag and drop. I can select playlists and roms individually but can’t drag them. I didn’t use F5 I used the desktop option in the main options in Retroarch if that makes a difference?

Drag and drop from outside the desktop menu:

You have the folder with your roms open and drag the rom.zip inside the desktop menu.

I hope my explanation makes sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I see, I was trying to drag inside the desktop menu. so, is it possible to add roms individually to playlists that are already in place on retroarch that I’ve made myself?

I have some homebrew playlists and I would like to add new roms as they become available without having to generate the entire playlist from scratch everytime.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like