Playlist issues (MAME, mega cd)

Hi,

I posted about this months ago but still haven’t found a solution. I’d like to list playlists for my MAME and Mega CD titles along with all the other systems. I know scanning doesn’t work and I understand the basics of manually creating a playlist, but it doesn’t work for these two systems.

I’m hoping someone can help me in simple terms as I usually get directed to links for scripts and programs to generate these lists, but they’re not clear on what I’m supposed to be doing. I’ve spent hours trying to work this out, but what I really need is just a sample of how the playlist file should appear.

If someone could paste one entry from a working MAME playlist and one from a working Mega CD one I can hopefully just copy this and apply it to the other titles. Thanks, I’d really like to get this sorted if I can.

MAME scanning works with the 2014 (0.159) and 2003 (0.78) sets at least.

Mega CD scanning works with a Redump set and the cue files zipped.

Here is an entry from a MAME playlist file:

/home/user/roms/mame2014/futari15.zip
Mushihime-Sama Futari Ver 1.5 (2006/12/8.MASTER VER. 1.54.)
/pkg/lib/libretro/mame2014_libretro.so
MAME 2014 (0.159)
6F10DC93|crc
MAME.lpl

Mega CD:

/home/user/roms/megacd/Sonic CD (USA).zip#Sonic CD (USA).cue
Sonic CD (USA)
/pkg/lib/libretro/genesis_plus_gx_libretro.so
Genesis Plus GX
33B99240|crc
Sega - Mega-CD - Sega CD.lpl

Thanks but still not working. The games I’ve tried appear in the list with correct icon but keep getting “file could not be loaded from playlist”. I’m quite confident I have the paths right as keep re-checking and the cue file is in a zip folder named appropriately. Could it be something to do with the (USA)? I’ve tried Europe but still no luck.

Mame2014 also not scanning and manual list gets same result as the Mega CD.

I knew as soon as I posted I’d figure it out. It was the format I was saving the text file as that was causing the issue. All great and working fine now, thanks.