Playlist : Specify a config file

Is possible to specify a config file in a playlist? I did a sega genesis playslist but i need load depending a specific config file depending i want to launch the system in EUR, USA or JAP Region. I didn’t find a way to do it with playlist.

You could save per game options for the games you need a specific region for. Use the “Create game-options file” option (hit A or whatever your confirm button is) in the core options menu. Then you can set your region for that game, and each time you load that game it will launch with that region. Make sure “Use per game options if available” is on in Settings, Configuration if it doesn’t work.

Thanks for reply is interesting. Is possible that this config file contain only the option région (like if u was doing a --append to the global configuration file).

No, it writes all the core’s core options to that file when you exit RetroArch, so even if you edit the file manually it will always add the defaults to all the other options to the file.

In my advice a good feature in retroarch would be to specify when u set an option the level u want this option be applied.

There could be 3 levels :

• Global
  • Core
  • Game

options in game config are prior to those in core config and options in core config are prior to options in global config

Example : I set the option region_detec = “NTSC-J” with level : “game” => The option is writed in a config file for that game and when i launch the game if a config file exist for that game retroarch load it and overrid the gobal or core setting.

All could be in the UI.