Playlists doesnt work

hello there, i made a fba playlist but it doesnt working, it says cannot load core

playlist sample,

<code> /storage/sdcard1/RetroArch/ROMS/FBA/sfz3jr2.zip Street Fighter Zero 3 /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/fbalpha_libretro_android.so FB Alpha 0001|CRC

/storage/sdcard1/RetroArch/ROMS/FBA/captcomm.zip Captain Commando /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/fbalpha_libretro_android.so FB Alpha 0002|CRC </code>

retroarch config file,

<code> playlist_directory = “/storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/playlists” playlist_names = “FBA.lpl” playlist_cores = “/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/fbalpha_libretro_android.so” </code>

[QUOTE=dennmtr;51099]hello there, i made a fba playlist but it doesnt working, it says cannot load core

playlist sample,

<code> /storage/sdcard1/RetroArch/ROMS/FBA/sfz3jr2.zip Street Fighter Zero 3 /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/fbalpha_libretro_android.so FB Alpha 0001|CRC

/storage/sdcard1/RetroArch/ROMS/FBA/captcomm.zip Captain Commando /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/fbalpha_libretro_android.so FB Alpha 0002|CRC </code>

retroarch config file,

<code> playlist_directory = “/storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/playlists” playlist_names = “FBA.lpl” playlist_cores = “/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/fbalpha_libretro_android.so” </code>[/QUOTE]

each is terminated with the name of the playlist. example if making playlist for “Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System” the playlist looks like this

/storage/sdcard0/roms/Akumajou Densetsu (Japan).nes Akumajou Densetsu (Japan) /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/fceumm_libretro_android.so FCEUmm 2E93CE72|crc Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl <rom #2 location> <rom description> <core location and name> <core name> <crc|crc> Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl <rom #3 location> <rom description> <core location and name> <core name> <crc|crc> Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl

[QUOTE=wertz;51103]each is terminated with the name of the playlist. example if making playlist for “Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System” the playlist looks like this

/storage/sdcard0/roms/Akumajou Densetsu (Japan).nes Akumajou Densetsu (Japan) /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/fceumm_libretro_android.so FCEUmm 2E93CE72|crc Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl <rom #2 location> <rom description> <core location and name> <core name> <crc|crc> Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl <rom #3 location> <rom description> <core location and name> <core name> <crc|crc> Nintendo - Nintendo Entertainment System.lpl[/QUOTE]

new sample,

/media/rpi/retroarch/ROMS/FBA/sfz3jr2.zip Street Fighter Zero 3 /media/rpi/retroarch/cores/fbalpha2012_libretro.so FB Alpha 2012 0001|CRC FBA.lpl /media/rpi/retroarch/ROMS/FBA/captcomm.zip Captain Commando /media/rpi/retroarch/cores/fbalpha2012_libretro.so FB Alpha 2012 0002|CRC FBA.lpl

same results, cannot load core, both on raspberry and android

[QUOTE=dennmtr;51105]new sample,

/media/rpi/retroarch/ROMS/FBA/sfz3jr2.zip Street Fighter Zero 3 /media/rpi/retroarch/cores/fbalpha2012_libretro.so FB Alpha 2012 0001|CRC FBA.lpl /media/rpi/retroarch/ROMS/FBA/captcomm.zip Captain Commando /media/rpi/retroarch/cores/fbalpha2012_libretro.so FB Alpha 2012 0002|CRC FBA.lpl

same results, cannot load core, both on raspberry and android[/QUOTE]

probably those are incomplete romsets-as seen by the crc values you posted- playlist is generated-at least for romset-based games like mame or fba based on crc values of the zip file. try making crc as 00000000|crc instead(assuming you DO have a complete valid romset for the core version you are trying to play it with)

UPDATE: i just tested using any value for crc and it still should play the game. i guess you probably have an invalid or incomplete romset then.

i dont think this is the problem. the list generated with the correct dat files, and the correct romset. the problem exists both on fba playlist and mame playlist. even i leave blank the crc part, it doesnt work, fails to load core.

fba core on android doesnt seem to run. keeps crashing when i try “detect core” method to select the rom. its not even showing when i use the playlist, only mame2003 core is showing. testing with fba2012 and fbalpha cores-probably broken cores.

its working perfect here as content/core load. only playlists doesnt work

NEW TEST: Playlists working perfect @ PC. The same playlists. But pc is useless (in my case). PC Version shows and snaps (created with the known script on this thread)

PROBLEM SOLVED!

i just needed to run “dos2unix MAME.lpl ; dos2unix FB.lpl”, for playlist generated in windows to work in raspberry. the strange EOL symbols at the end of the game names appeared on xmb menu made me suspect, everything is OK now, i have screenshots working too!

As an update to this issue, the latest nightly versions of RetroArch should now be able to handle Windows-formatted playlist files on any platform without needing a converter.

Whenever there is a new stable release of RetroArch, it will also support playlists that use Windows endline characters.