Playlists Gone?

Is the playlist function not working in RetroArch 1.3.6? I recently reinstalled a fresh copy on my RPi3. Going over to the add button in the XMB theme, I told it to scan my various folders, but once it completed, there are no lists.

You need to download the database first, Online Updater --> Update Databases

Nevermind, I think I fixed it.

Fresh install; didn’t have any databases installed yet. Grabbed that through the online updater, rescanned a folder, now it shows up.

Have I mentioned how much I love RetroArch? :slight_smile:

Ok so I’m still having trouble with this. Every time I try to load a game from the playlist, it crashes RetroArch. “Segmentation Fault”. If I load a core manually and add the ROM content manually, everything runs fine. What gives?

try going to settings > playlist and manually associate the playlist(s) with a core.

Looks like that worked for NES. I’ll add more later. Why the change? It used to allow me to pick a core if a game I try to load hadn’t been loaded before.

is this a known retroarch 1.3.6 issue or just from this specific custom build?

Nothing has purposely changed. If there’s a regression, we’ll try to stamp it out.

sorry, it was just a problem with playlist paths in retroarch.cfg. Everything is working fine.

Ah, glad to hear it, and thanks for letting us know :slight_smile: