Plea from Xperia Play owner

Dear developers!

PCSX-reARMed is the best PS1 emulator to use on Xperia Play in terms of performance, picture quality and compatibility. However there still is one dark spot which makes this excellent piece of software barely usable. The controls!!! As everyone is perfectly aware, PS1 used to have L2/R2 shoulder buttons which are missing from XPlay’s controller. The issue however can be bypassed. The other Android emulators (ePSXe, FPse, native Xperia Play emulator) have those buttons mapped to touch pads. It is very convenient, but I understand that it’s too much to ask for and probably is not worth your effort. However there is another option - mapping L2/R2 to volume control buttons. But that is virtually not feasible with RetroArch! If I disable the automatic mapping and map the keys manually, they work all right. But the menu key no longer brings up the menu! Hence no way to save, load, switch disk or even exit the emulator properly. Yes, it still can be done through overlay controls, but it makes mandatory having otherwise unnecessary overlay on screen and considerably decreases the user’s convenience. Thus my request is: could you please make the emulator menu key mappable as well, so that it could be mapped to the appropriate device’s button?

Are you using the 1.0.0.2 build from the Play store? If so, try one of lordashram’s unofficial builds from the ‘development’ subforum or wait a little while for the 1.0.0.4 mobile beta (should be coming very soon). Menu button mapping is available in these builds.

In the meantime, some workarounds could be: make a custom overlay that only has L2/R2 buttons or use the ‘immerse’ overlay, which is invisible until you tap it (it’s designed to make menus easily accessible for people using physical controls).

Thank you very much for answering. I can’t find a download link to lordashram’s latest test build. And where do I get that immerse overlay?

Here’s the link to his dropbox (it was in the first post of his thread): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/91sakv0qdyxj … lyXea?dl=0

I think it comes with the overlay, but if not, you can get it from https://github.com/libretro/common-overlays