Please advice best cores for sega genesis and snes

Please advice best cores for sega genesis and snes Thanks, if possible please tell about other platform also …

“best” is usually a pretty tough thing to pin down, but Genesis Plus GX is probably your best bet for Genesis and snes9x is generally good for SNES (there’s a handful of games that only work with bsnes, but they’re rare and/or bad). Nestopia is good for NES and Mednafen-PSX is best for playstation 1, as long as your computer is pretty powerful.

[QUOTE=FreakMurderer;18527]Please advice best cores for sega genesis and snes Thanks, if possible please tell about other platform also …[/QUOTE]

bSNES Balanced is the best SNES core as long as your computer is powerful enough to handle it. Snes9x comes in handy for ROM Hacks that require a less accurate emulation core to run properly.

There are only 8 games known to not work perfectly in in 9x, so keep that in mind. http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Nintendo_SNES_Core_Compatibility

[QUOTE=Oggom;19029]There are only 8 games known to not work perfectly in in 9x, so keep that in mind. http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Nintendo_SNES_Core_Compatibility[/QUOTE]

That’s strange but I keep finding games that aren’t working in Snes9x_libretro but they do work with Snes9x_Next_libretro. Just 2 random games like that I’ve tried today: -Miracle Girls (J) -Esparks - Ijigen kara no Houmonsya (J)

Forgot the other ones, but probably 5~10 more. I should have noted them all.

[QUOTE=Tatsuya79;19178] -Miracle Girls (J) -Esparks - Ijigen kara no Houmonsya (J)[/QUOTE]

I’ve tried both of them and they work fine in the latest Snes9x core on my end.

My guess it’s that either: 1: Something is wrong with your core, please try recompiling it from the latest source. or 2: They’re bad dumps and the Next core simply ignores whatever errors pop up internally.

That’s my guess at least, I could boot them both up and play around for a while.

Strange, they’re supposed to be good dumps and that’s the 2015-02-27 nightly from the buildbot.