Please help on N64 emulation setup

Hi I’ve been trying to get N64 to run smoothly for months and having no luck. I load the game fine but it plays so slow and not playable. I’ve tried numerous android boxes and still the same deal. Is there something I’m missing? I’ll list my specs and settings for further help.

I’m using a Android box 5.1 RK3368 H.265 Decoding 64 bit Octa Core Coretex A53 Beelink I68 box with 2gb ram and 16gb rom.

I’m using retroarch nightly build dated 10-05-16 all updated to that date. I’m using core mupen64 plus. I have all the default options and so on setup. CPU core dynamic recompiler GFX Plugin auto resolution 640x480

I tried different combos of different settings and still no go. I was running Nintendo DS just fine with Drastic and when I used Desmue in retroarch it was horribly slow and crackly. Can someone please help me configure this if possible step by step. I see people running it flawless on cheap amazon firesticks and its irking me that I can’t get it running on something that I know is a far better unit. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Try using the Glupen core. People usually have better luck with it on Android.

Desmume vs. Drastic is an entirely different ballgame. Exophase has done some magic there and we won’t know what, exactly, unless he decides to open-source it (fat chance of that as long as he’s pulling in money from it, of course). There are some things we could do to get some better performance out of desmume, including switching to the hardware renderer but that’s low on our list of priorities.

I’ll try it and see what happens. As far as NDS I got Drastic and it works great so far the only game I’m having grief with is Ninja Gaiden, the screen is turned at a 90deg for both top and bottom and I cant figure on how to set it so it doesn’t load like that. I’ve tried moving around the screen position but nothing helps it.